|Strays Mods (straysmods) wrote,|
@ 2030-10-31 04:46:00
1. Be Awesome:* Our first rule is a pretty easy one, and it addresses the way you should interact within this, and any other RPG. There are some basic rules of roleplaying etiquette that go here:
- Relax and have fun! We're all to enjoy ourselves and have a good time. If something IC is becoming to stressful - step back, breathe, and talk to the other players involved. If something OOC is becoming too stressful - step back, breathe, and shoot the breeze with a friend for a while.
- Be friendly to new people! A good first impression goes a long way, and while there's always a chance you'll be in a game with people you've played with before (whether good or bad), you should try to treat things here as a clean slate for new interaction.
- Don't cheat! This includes using OOC knowledge for IC actions, godmodding, powerplaying, or playing another person's character without permission. It also includes being unfair or unrealistic in certain scenes where there's conflict - like a fight or a battle. It's not cool, don't do it.
- What happens in the game, stays in the game! Remember that just because your character and another person's character might be having an all-out war in the game, it doesn't mean that there's a personal conflict between the two of you. See also: Bulletpoint the First.
* Also known as the "Don't be a jerk" rule.
2. Be Responsible: Be responsible for your behavior and your contributions to the community. We're an unmoderated community, which means that no one's going to tell you when, how, or what to post. The only thing we ask is that you friends-lock your journal and community posts. The script to set your journal to friends-only is already included in the friends add button, but please don't unlock your posts or reset this setting.
3. Be Knowledgeable: We're not here to tell you what you can and can't post or what interactions are right or wrong. Quite frankly, we love crack. But because this is a RPG based on mythology and folklore and because we deal with some significant historical events, we ask that you please do your research and know what you're talking about.
1. Character Journals: The only guideline with journals is that all entries must be friends-locked.
2. Threads: Threads should be posted in forgottenstrays and have the basic Who/What/Where/When/Warnings header, a cut, and should be tagged with the names of the characters involved in the thread. For immortals, use their deity's name; for mortals use their full first and last name.
3. OOC Posts: OOC posts should be posted in straysooc and should include the tag *yourfirstname
4. AU Posts. This game allows for a number of plot-related goings-on that are outside of the realm of normal gameplay. While past threads are posted in forgottenstrays, future threads and narratives go in straysau. Likewise, if you want to write about your characters on a pirate ship, in a film noir, or on another planet and do an all-out AU, those go in straysau as well!